FULL SERVICE Fur Storage, Fur Cleaning and Fur Repair!
***Please Call 612-332-8643 / email: INFO@ROCKLERFURCO.COM to Schedule Your PERSONAL Appointment***
Proper fur storage and annual cleaning preserves pelt life and the continued durability of your garment. Most air-conditioned homes are not kept cool enough for proper fur care. Fur storage means more than storage in a cold vault. It means inspecting, brushing, and if requested, cleaning the furs before putting them away. It means protecting them against moths, burglars and fire. Dryness and heat sap the natural oils, cause hairs to become brittle, to curl and lose their luster. Furs should be cleaned and stored every spring, even if they have not been worn. Consider the dust that gathers on the floor of your closet. The same dust permeates the pelts of your furs.
Cleaning of your furs is essential no matter how little you may have worn them. If your white cloth coat just hung in your closet for four months, you would notice the accumulation of dust on the collar and shoulders. Though not noticeable on the fur, the dust and airborne particles do sift down through the hairs and sit on the leather. Once there, they hasten the drying out of the leather by absorbing the natural oils and moisture. Proper cleaning removes the dust and accompanying film and helps prolong the life and wearability of your garment. For this reason, at L.A. ROCKLER FUR COMPANY we encourage annual cleaning and recommend cleaning every year – no less than every other year.
*** FREE Seasonal Pickup & Delivery of your garment in the metro area! ***
REPAIRS & RESTYLING:
Repairing rips, restyling, a new collar, or a complete overhaul of your fur garment – Our professional staff can do it all!
FUR INSURANCE APPRAISALS:
Protect your investment.
***All Services are preformed on-site!***
FUR CARE RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Always store your fur during warm weather months with your furrier – never at a dry cleaner. Your furrier is equipped with facilities to better protect your fur.
- Always hang your fur garment on a broad-shouldered hanger. Give your garment enough room in the closet so the fur is not crushed.
- Never hang your garment in a plastic bag or rubber-lined bag. Plastic prevents air from circulating and can dry out the leather.
- If your garment gets wet, shake it out and hang it out to dry in a well-ventilated room. Keep it away from direct heat or a radiator, which can cause both fur and leather to dry out. After your garment is dry, shake it again. Most fur garments will take some rain and snow far better than wool coats or other winter garments. If the fur is soaked through, however, take it immediately to your Furrier for proper treatment.
- Avoid spraying perfume or hair spray onto your garment.
- Avoid leaving a fur hanging in a bright place. Light can cause the fur to oxidize or change color.
- If you suspect that your garment has moths, contact your Furrier immediately for instructions prior to bringing the coat in.
- Have small rips or tears repaired immediately by your Furrier. This will prevent more expensive repairs later.
- Before sitting, be sure that your hooks are open and/or buttons unbuttoned.
To contact us for additional care information email us at: Info@rocklerfurco.com / call at: (612) 332-8643